From powered exoskeletons that enable you to lift heavy objects, to robot simians that clean up nuclear accidents, robotic technologies are developing incredibly quickly. Nasa’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory chief engineer, Ashitey Trebi-Ollennu, talks to the BBC through five robots that could change the world.
The five robots discussed in this video:
- RoboSimian – A rescue robot designed by JPL/Nasa, for use in disaster areas.
- Ada – 3D printed hand and arm, which is modeled on humans in order to replicate our movements and dexterity.
- Pheonix – An exoskeleton to help augment people’s movement abilities, in particular those with disabilities.
- Pepper – Humanoid robot developed by Aldebaran. Pepper is designed to have some emotional perception, in order to provide companionship for humans.
- Curiosity Mars Rover – Robotic rover being used to explore the surface of Mars.